Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back again for one more try

So if you are reading this than you probably know me and know what this is about... but if you haven't here's a recap:

I normally like to play 1/2-3/6 on stars.... unlike most other players, I upped my bankroll and didn't grind it from scratch like many other online players at those stakes. Anyway, a couple of my friends (who also play online but built their roll from scratch) and I got into a heated discussion about players who up their roll and those who build it. Basically the conversation went something like "You're a fucking pussy"... "I've met NL10 players better than you".... blah blah blah..... this all lead up to someone bringing up the prop bet that occurred last year (I made a prop bet with some friends that I could turn $100 into $10,000 on pokerstars. After the 8th day or so I was doing well up to about $600-700 something or other but then tragedy struck. As you all might recall, there were no posting of Day 9 and I hadn't posted on this blog since. So most of you are wondering what happened when you saw that my gains were solid and I was on the right track... well, I came home drunk one night, and with a friend by my side, I went to the NL600 tables to show off and i got stacked and went down to the felt on a monster hand. I lost just about my entire roll I had built up and could not replace the stack as per the rules. Discouraged, I gave up and paid out the bet and continued on my normal cycle.

So when the whole prop bet issue came up... They offered to make the bet again and I decided to take a second shot at it... stakes are a little higher but the rules remain the same:

1) $100 - $10,000
2) no time limit
3) Tourneys (MTT and SNG) can be played and losses/cashes do count
4) Only playing at Pokerstars allowed

My strategy will remain the same as far as bankroll management and my playing style has altered a bit... becoming extremely tight and aggressive so I expect to see better results. I also am going to not play poker after I have been drinking so as to not fuck up again.

Anyway, time to get this started.





Total for today: +$0
Total Bankroll: $100
Total remaining: $9,900

No comments: