Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 17 - 34

These past two weeks have been crazy... both in poker and in RL... I haven't posted in a while partly cause I was pissed and partly cause I was busy with other shit...

so... where do i begin... on Day 17 I decide to take my small roll and go play 3/6.... stupid by all means especially when I said I wouldn't play against my roll but luckily I ended up tearing shit up... I ran so hot and ended up getting my bankroll to just over $1000. I couldn't be happier because now I was about $1500 away from being able to play $1/2 and the sooner i get there the sooner this prop bet is over.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2153496
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2153503
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2153510
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2153515


Then came day 18-21... I only got to play a couple hours each day and thank god for that otherwise I would have gone bust... I ended up literally throwing chips away to charity with shitty played hands... when all was said and done I was down over $700 playing $.50/$1! I mean WTF... below are examples of how stupid I played some of these...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2154280
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2154284

There were hundreds more hands that were similar but for less chips so I don't bother posting but needless to say loosing $700 because of my idioticly poor play really pissed me off so I decided to take a week or two off before coming back...

This past weekend was my birthday and parents flew up to visit... was cool cause I haven't seen them in over a year and we got to go check out my greatgrandparent's pad over in wilmington... I had never been there but god damn was it baller... I put up some pix on myspace/facebook... the gardens were built to be a duplicate of the palace at versaille, bowling alleys, 77 rooms, paintings worth over $4 million each, 3 green houses, I could go on and on.... there is even a hospital on the grounds... they are currently doing phase 1 of a $90 million dollar renovation and it was kinda cool to see where my grandma and mom grew up... saw portraits all over of her as a kid which was cool... anyway I digress...

So after all this I go back to playing last night with a fresh head after a break and I tear shit up on the NL25 tables.... I ended up about $500 in cash but lost about $200 playing those damn $16 SNG turbos..... oh well.. Below is my current roll and where I stand as of today...









Total for today: +$243.93
Total Bankroll: $504.56
Total remaining: $9595.44

1 comment:

sonatine said...

below are examples of how stupid I played some of these...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2154280
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2154284

uhhh?

these are _so_ standard. you were going broke on the second time 100 times out of 100, and where exactly do you feel your play failed on the first?

you think you were pricing him off of top pair when he has half a buyin in the pot?

i guess you could have shoved PF but thats hardly a valid longterm strategy for getting maximizing equity from an overpair.

even if he played his hand face up, youre getting 3-1 pot odds and youre only a 1-4 dog to catch a K, 2, or 3 on the riv. considering how standard it is these days to shove with flush draws and OESD's on the flop, your play is lightyears ahead of that.